This course is part of a 'blended' learning solution developed in partnership with NICEIC.
The course reduces the time learners need to spend away from work from 4 days to 2 days by combining:
- e-learning resources, revision material and knowledge checks - accessible easily and flexibly, when and where you want to learn
- 2 days at a centre for practical training, assessment and taking the online test. Upon completion of the e-learning you can contact NICEIC directly in order to arrange this
This is a convenient, cost effective blended learning course including online learning resources:
- Accessed via the internet from your home or workplace
- Flexible delivery - available at a time and place to suit you
- Arranged into short bite-sized interactive e-learning modules
- Includes revision practice test to ensure you are ready for the exam
- Final examination, practical training and assessment taken at a centre
Save time – huge potential savings by reducing classroom requirement from 4 days to 2 days
Save money – save loss of 2 days income away from work and possible accommodation costs
You will receive:
- Online e-learning courses (approximately 15 hours of materials)
- Online Revision Tests
- Two days in-centre Practical Assessment and online assessment
- Learning Support Guide
Practical training and assessment centres are available at several locations call 0870 013 0389 or email email@example.com for details.
- Preparation for initial inspection and testing
- Practice Test questions
The online sections covered include:
- Welcome and learning objectives
- Inspection procedures
- Learning outcomes
This unit will be assessed by a multiple choice online test covering the underpinning knowledge relating to the content and application of BS 7671. This must be taken at an accredited test centre. The cost of this test is included in the course fee.
To find your nearest test centre, or if you have completed your learning and are ready to book an exam, please call the NICEIC on 0870 013 0389
Approximately 15 hours. It is estimated that this module will take approximately 15 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
The course is aimed at practising electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying or require updating before going on to the Level 3 2395-10 Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations.
No formal entry requirements. Candidates should have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles and experience of electrical installation work either within the electrical contracting industry or an allied trade. Note: Candidates under 18 cannot register for this Qualification