This Preparing for Work course is part of an employability suite which will help learners search for, secure and sustain employment.
Being the new person at work is never easy. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed on your first day at work when you don’t know who anyone is or where to find anything. Preparation is the best way to try and reduce the pressure.
This module will help learners to prepare for work and let them know what to expect in the first month of starting a new job.
On completion of this module, learners will understand:
- The importance of punctuality, timekeeping and reliability;
- How to present a professional image;
- How to find out about the company prior to their first day;
- The induction process;
- How to find out about their own role and what is expected of them;
- How to identify the skills needed to be an effective employee;
- The importance of teamwork, communication and time management; and
- How to handle problems at work.
Areas covered include:
- Before Your First Day
- Your First Day
- Your First Week
- Your First Month: Workplace Values
This Preparing for Work module is suitable for individuals specifically the transient unemployed, Further Education Colleges and Private Training Providers.
Approximately 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.